Daniel Boone Community Action Agency, Inc. (DBCAA) is looking for a Weatherization Crew Laborer to join our team!
Position Summary: The Weatherization Crew Laborer position is a full-time, hourly position. Weatherization Crew Laborers perform installation of home weatherization materials, air sealing, blow-in insulation, vapor barriers, seal crawl spaces, etc. This position has the potential for advancement with continuing education/certification and successful work performance. We are willing to train people who are ambitious, show initiative, and have a great work ethic. This position offers pay increases after completion of industry certifications. Crews meet at our Clay County office location each morning and take company trucks to job sites located in Clay, Jackson, Laurel, and Rockcastle Counties. All tools, safety equipment, and supplies are provided.
Job duties and details:
• Insulate homes, mobile homes, walls, attics, and floors
• Seal under homes, in attics and walls, install some doors and windows occasionally
• Put up carbon monoxide and smoke detectors, replace light bulbs, and shower heads with low-flow shower heads
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Evaluator
Physical requirements include the ability to:
• Crawl through and work in confined, dark spaces, such as attics and crawlspaces for extended periods of time
• Withstand extreme temperatures and adverse weather conditions
• Climb ladders and stairs
• Carry and set up equipment up to 50 lbs.
• Eye-hand coordination
• Work overhead
Minimum Applicant Qualifications:
• Previous carpentry or construction experience
• High School diploma or equivalent (basic reading and math skills are necessary to complete paperwork, required certifications and trainings)
• Strong interpersonal and professional skills including, but not limited to: professional appearance, communication orally and in written form, listening, time management, punctuality, and dependability
• Valid Kentucky driver’s license
• Clear driving record
• Clear background check
• Pre-employment and on-going drug testing required
• Ability to operate a vehicle in a safe manner
• Must be insurable and bondable
• Must be trainable, pass and maintain certifications in trainings provided by DBCAA such as: Lead Safe, First Aid & CPR, etc.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Kentucky Public Pensions Authority (KPPA) retirement system
• Paid time off including holidays, annual & sick leave
$13.50 per hour
Qualified applicants may submit an application by email to email@example.com or by mail to Attn: Human Resources, Daniel Boone CAA, Inc., 1535 Shamrock Road, Manchester, KY 40962. For an application, please visit our website at http://danielboonecaa.org/wp-content/uploads/Daniel-Boone-App.pdf , call DBCAA Human Resources at (606) 598-5127, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by one of our locations.
Daniel Boone CAA, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, age, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, retaliation, citizenship, sexual orientation, familial status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
An Equal Opportunity Employer