DBCAA is accepting applications for its Weatherization Assistance Program beginning November 1, 2023.
The mission of the program is to improve energy efficiency, household safety and to educate the public about maintaining energy efficiency. To be eligible, your family’s income must fall below 200% of federal poverty guidelines (maximum income limit for a family of 4 is $60,000) and your home cannot have been weatherized since 2008. Following are the services of the Weatherization Program:
· Educates clients in safety & energy efficiency
· Professionally evaluates single family dwellings, multifamily dwellings, & mobile homes for safety & energy efficiency
· Repairs or replaces existing heating systems as needed
· Insulates homes as needed
· Makes minor repairs to homes for health & safety reasons
· Installs smoke & carbon monoxide detectors
Please contact Daniel Boone Community Action Agency, Inc. at (606) 598-5127 (Clay County Office); (606) 364-4484 (Jackson County Office); (606) 864-9121 (Laurel County Office); (606) 256-5315 (Rockcastle County Office) for eligibility requirements, income limits per family size, and additional program information. Daniel Boone Community Action Agency, Inc. is an equal housing opportunity provider.